This is a very rich tasting and filling quiche which pairs well with a simple tossed salad and multigrain roll. We used to make this regularly BC – before children – but now that the older kids have acquired a taste for crab and the youngest is coming out of a picky eating phase, this dinner quiche is back on the menu at Chez Froomage.
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cans crab meat (4 ½ oz. or 1 6oz. can)
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped celery
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. four
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 9” unbaked pie shell or 18 tart shells
- 1 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Toss together Swiss cheese, crab, onion, celery, parsley, flour and salt. Beat eggs lightly and gradually stir in cream. Add cheese mixture to egg mixture. Stir to combine. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Bake 30-35 minutes at 375 or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean.