Tales from the cold beyond
So, your planned dinner for four ended up with a few other people at the table. Do you break out into a cold sweat…dial for takeout or open that frosty fridge of yours to accept the challenge?
I find having a few things on hand reduces six o’clock stress and puts me in a happier place:
- a few types of hard cheese like cheddar, Asiago and parmesan
- a few types of soft cheese like Bononcini or mozzarella
- a frozen pizza dough
- a few bags of Asian-inspired stir fry veggies
- salsa (the family favorite is the Loblaw’s PC black-label brand)
- baby potatoes
- mixed greens (e.g. the ones that contain radicchio)
- baby carrots
- romaine lettuce
- your favorite Caeser salad dressing (mine is Renee’s)
Pair some of these things with what’s in your cupboard and you can whip up some extra dinner to stretch what you’ve got.
What are your go-to fridge items?